Saturday, December 22, 2007

Today I am Christopher Columbus

...in the world of music.

I bet people (if any) reading this blog have already heard of this singer/band, but I thought I'd share my discovery just in case. I found this artist named New Buffalo and she is brilliant in my mind. She's Australian, which makes her voice different from the rest. And for some reason her voice and style of singing reminds me of Elliott Smith and Feist. I think this is because she sings with little dynamic, just like Elliott. Her stuff is all quite similar and can be a little repetitive, but it's just so cute and mellow, you can't help but listen over and over. I love the loopy undertones... Enough of me explaining, take a listen for yourself.


P.S. The music video is enjoyable in itself. Stop-motion seems to be quite popular these days!

No comments: